cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShreyasMadhan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys, 

Really new to Airtable and not an excel expert either. I have been trying to create a Master Catalog / Master SKU table which contains fields like SKU variations, Amazon ASIN, Category, sub-categories, landed costs etc. I have also assigned a Master SKU code as the Primary and this may overlap for some SKU variations. 

I want to create another table where I can import the Sales data in excel format, which carries the Amazon ASINs (not all of them populated in the Master SKU) and Units Sold. The excel may also contain other data that is not relevant to this exercise. Similarly, I would like to create more tables to upload sales data from other marketplaces (each has their unique marketplace product ids) as well. 

How do i get Airtable to recognise these ASINs (or other unique marketplace ids) & match them with the Master so that I can link the records ? Or do i have to key in each line of Sales Data as a New record in a New table and then individually link each back to the Master ? This seems counterintuitive. What am I doing wrong ?   

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

With reference to the Sales data with the Amazon ASINs, I would:
1. Import that into a new table
2. Make the primary field of that table the Amazon ASINs
3. In your original table, create a linked field to the new table from step 1
4. In your original table, click the header of the field that contains the Amazon ASINs and hit CMD / CTRL + C
5. In your original table, click the header of the linked field from step 3 and hit CMD / CTRL + V

This should paste all the Amazon ASINs into the linked field and link all the records together

You could also automate this process too, but whether or not it's worth the effort would depend on your workflow I guess

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

With reference to the Sales data with the Amazon ASINs, I would:
1. Import that into a new table
2. Make the primary field of that table the Amazon ASINs
3. In your original table, create a linked field to the new table from step 1
4. In your original table, click the header of the field that contains the Amazon ASINs and hit CMD / CTRL + C
5. In your original table, click the header of the linked field from step 3 and hit CMD / CTRL + V

This should paste all the Amazon ASINs into the linked field and link all the records together

You could also automate this process too, but whether or not it's worth the effort would depend on your workflow I guess