cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombon101
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I have a Database that includes a table of Users and a Table of inventory (Computers , Monitors, Docking stations and so on).
All of our inventory is mapped by serial number.

When I give the user a device I assign it to the Air table.

I want to have the option to see the assigned history by user or by device.

That means if I have a user name Tom, and I gave him on 01/12/2023 a laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad , S/N:ABCD123, and I took it back on 15/01/2024.

Let's say I have the record of this computer.
Through that record I want to be able to view the computer assigned History- that means when it was assigned and when it was unassigned.

I couldnt find any automatic way to do so, so i want to check how can i develop this module myself.

The main result should be an automated change log for every record modified, instead of writing it manually on the comment section. how can this be achieved? would love to receive any ideas or any SDK or developer documentation regarding this.

2 Replies 2

You might be interested in the Check Out/Check In System by @Kamille_Parks.

Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I have a similar scenario with students borrowing instruments. I've tried and tested a couple of ways to do this.

The first way is to create a library system. This requires a separate table in which each record is a "borrowing" record. This contains links to the item borrowed, links to the borrower, date of borrowing, date expected to return etc. You can easily create a form to create each record upon borrowing. Also a form to trigger returns. Then set up a single select field on the item's table with "In Inventory", "Borrowed", "Late Returned". Use automations to label each item depending on if the form is submitted or a date is past etc.

The other way I've done is with QR codes and interfaces. Doesn't show me a history but it  seems a lot easier to manage.