Help

Create a project Management table where start date changes based on end date of depended record

795 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helenelene
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want to create an Project Management Table with the following requirements

• I have several project stages
  • each stage has a start date and an end date (automatically calculated based on duration for each project.)
  • the start date of one stage should be dependent on the end date of the previous task. So if "task A" ends on July 5th, the start date of task B should be the 6th. The end date of task B should be start date of task B + duration,... and so on

so whenever something changes, the following dates should change as well. (also reflecting the dedicated duration set for each task)

I tried with formulas or dependencies but could not figure out a way to automate this, instead of updating all records manually if one date changes.

Thanks

Helenelene

2 Replies 2
joshsorenson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have this working partly with make.com and airtable together. What you need to do is connect each task and lookup the finished date. Then when that is filled in add one day to it to schedule the start date of the next task. You should be able to do this with Airtable's automations to copy over the new date to the field after adding a business day.

custisr992
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Exciting project ahead! To set up your Project Management Table with dynamic dates, you can use Excel or similar tools. Try using formulas like "=IFERROR(MAX(End_date_previous_task + 1, Previous_stage_end_date + duration), "")" for start dates and "=Start_date + duration" for end dates. This way, changes in one task automatically adjust the following stages. As for ERP, it streamlines processes by integrating various functions across your organization, promoting efficiency and data consistency. How does ERP work for your projects?