cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rita_Spanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello All,

I need to migrate all of my records from an old base in to a new base.  The records in the old base have been assigned a number (through Auto ID plus a formula).  We are leaving the old base behind, importing all of the records in to the new one base, and resuming work in the new base.  I am trying to figure out how I can have Airtable resume number sequencing from where we left off in the old base and continue in the new base.  The new number sequence does not have to start exactly where the old one left off, and i cannot have the Auto Number feature assign a new number to existing records that I have imported.

For example, we use Airtable to create and track projects.  Whenever a project is created, we have a summary field formula that takes the Auto Number (in this example 50011) and joins with with the prefix PR- (making it PR-49998) and also joins it with the project name (again in this example it is Organic Social Retainer - TEST).  The end result is "50011-Organic Social Retainer - TEST".

Does anyone have a solution where after I import the records, Airtable will continue this process WITHOUT tampering with the summary field displaying "50011-Organic Social Retainer - TEST"?

0 Replies 0