282 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahenry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Trying to create a condition via formula which will mean that a client won't be able to be quoted via airtable extension with the following:

Formula:

IF(Type="Client", IF({On Hold}="On Hold">"Good", " Good to Quote","On Hold - Do not Quote"))

We are hoping to then enable the On hold note to propagate through to an extension we use to send quotes onto clients

There is a field with single text which we use to fill out the client and then a options single select for on hold/good
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ahenry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Managed to sort this out with a single select toggle on the client side, which I then moved over to the respective quoting table with a conditional look up field and then added this onto the extension to populate when ever a client is on hold

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
joekutta
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm encountering a similar issue. I've been attempting to create a condition via formula in Airtable to manage quoting clients based on their status. Here's the formula I've been working with:

IF(Type="Client", IF({On Hold}="On Hold">"Good", "‌‌ Good to Quote", "‌‌On Hold - Do not Quote"))

The objective is to ensure that clients are only quoted if they are marked as "Good" in the {On Hold} field. We're aiming to have the "On Hold" status propagate through to an extension used for sending quotes to clients. Moreover, you can download capcut mod apk from the given link.

We're using a single text field for the client's name and a single select field for their status (On Hold/Good). Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

ahenry
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Managed to sort this out with a single select toggle on the client side, which I then moved over to the respective quoting table with a conditional look up field and then added this onto the extension to populate when ever a client is on hold

@joekutta wrote:

I'm encountering a similar issue. I've been attempting to create a condition via formula in Airtable to manage quoting clients based on their status. Here's the formula I've been working with:

IF(Type="Client", IF({On Hold}="On Hold">"Good", "‌‌ Good to Quote", "‌‌On Hold - Do not Quote"))

The objective is to ensure that clients are only quoted if they are marked as "Good" in the {On Hold} field. We're aiming to have the "On Hold" status propagate through to an extension used for sending quotes to clients. Moreover, you can download capcut mod apk from the given link.

We're using a single text field for the client's name and a single select field for their status (On Hold/Good). Any insights or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Your formula seems to be on the right track, but there's a small issue in the comparison part. Let's refine it:

```plaintext
IF(
Type = "Client",
IF(
{On Hold} = "On Hold",
" On Hold - Do not Quote",
" Good to Quote"
)
)
```

This formula checks if the record type is "Client". If it is, then it further checks if the "On Hold" field equals "On Hold". If it does, it returns " On Hold - Do not Quote"; otherwise, it returns " Good to Quote".

Make sure to replace "" and "" with the appropriate symbols that you want to use in your Airtable setup.

Once this condition is set up, the "On Hold" note should propagate correctly through to your extension used for sending quotes to clients.