cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurenMaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello-

I have a lookup cell that is pulling data from multiple cells. The results are showing a list of topics. The topics are repeated (as they're pulling from different cells). You can see, for example, that "Space" is being pulled multiple times. Is there a way to tell it to only list topics that haven't been listed, meaning only unique topics (not duplicates)?  Thanks in advance!!

5 Replies 5
FarioConsulting
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Lauren,

I would suggest that you use the ARRAYUNIQUE() function.

Basically to do so,  you will have to create a new new formula field in your table.

Then use the formula ARRAYUNIQUE(FIELDNAME) for the new field. (where FIELDNAME is the lookup field that contains the duplicated topics)

Now this new field will display only unique values from the original lookup field.

Hope this helps!

Use a rollup field instead of a lookup field. Use the rollup formula ARRAYUNIQUE(values). I like to nest it inside ARRAYJOIN(ARRAYUNIQUE(values), ", ").

You will loose the pill appearance and the click-through ability.

LaurenMaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks.  Did that (I used / instead of "), but it's still showing duplicates from the multiple cells it's pulling from...

Looks like you have a nesting situation where you are looking up things from two tables away. You need to create a lookup in the middle table (even if it is a lookup of the primary field value shown in the linked record field). Then have a rollup of the lookup field and flatten it. 

ARRAYJOIN(ARRAYUNIQUE(ARRAYFLATTEN(values)), " / ")

LaurenMaine
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all-- thanks so much for the replies. I actually just added a new AI field and told it to pull from that field, separate them by " / " and then alphabetize. It worked perfectly!