531 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saasyp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, I'm trying to reproduce the following Excel formulas in Airtable, which returns the third column from the "Tabella gest" table if the match is satisfied. 

INDEX('Tabella gest'!$B:$D;MATCH(1;('Tabella gest'!$B:$B=G2)*('Tabella gest'!$C:$C=BX2);0);3)

I've two tables:
- "Tabella gest", from which I have to retrieve the third column if the match is satisfied and use the columns B and C in the match, called respectively "Canale commerciale" and "Classe ABC" 
- "Input", which has the columns G and BX for the match function, respectively called "Tipo codice materiale" and "ABC ordinato" 

I don't have any idea if this is possibile and how I could do it, so I would appreciate anyone's help. 

6 Replies 6

Ah, in Airtable you'd accomplish this with a linked field and a lookup field

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 7.53.44 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 7.53.40 PM.png

Link to base

Hi @TheTimeSavingCo , thanks for your reply but I've a question:
is there a way to automatically fill the lookup field rather than manually add them? 

Hm, I'm assuming you're talking about the linked field, as the values in lookup fields cannot be modified.  If so, yeah, you can use an automation to do that.  For example, you could make an automation that would trigger every time a new record gets created and it would look for an appropriate record in "Tabella gest" and then link it

Here's the documentation for automations: https://support.airtable.com/docs/getting-started-with-airtable-automations

My question is:
since I always have to press the "+" button to fill my lookup field, is there a method to fill the lookup column without having to press "+" for each record?  

Yeap, you'd use an automation to do that?  Sorry, I feel like I'm not understanding something!  What issues did you face attempting to set up an automation?

I don't know how to set it up to be able to automatically fill the lookup column