cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpelaU
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi!

I have a countdown for our warranty cases, which needs to be completed in the 45 days or less. Our customer fills out the Form, and the countdown stars when the Form is submitted.

So the first field is "Form date" 
DATETIME_FORMAT(CREATED_TIME(), 'D. M. YYYY')

The second field is "Days" 
DATETIME_DIFF(TODAY(), {Form date}, 'days')

And the third field is "Countdown"
45-{Days}

This works fine, but the problem is, that when the status is "sent" or "refund" the countdown don't stop. So the point is, that I want to know how long one case was open. I can also use just one status, let's say "complete" but now I stumble upon one problem.

I don't have a specific date field for the end of the case (it depends on the case - some wants refund, some wants exchange or repair). So in this case I have two date fields (date of a refund and date of a shipment). So it's little complicated. 

Hope someone knows the anser to my problem. 🙂

Have a nice day!

1 Reply 1

Hmm, try this:
1. Create a formula field with the formula "TODAY()"
2. Create an automation that will trigger whenever a record's status is 'Sent' or 'Refund'
  - Give it a conditional where if a record's status is 'Sent', it will update the record by pasting the value from the formula field into the 'Date of shipment' date field
  - Give it another conditional where if a record's status is 'Refund', it will update the record by pasting the value from the formula field into the 'Date of refund' date field

And you can add more conditionals and date fields as needed.  Here's the documentation on conditional groups in automations in case it's helpful: https://support.airtable.com/docs/conditional-groups-of-automation-actions

Should do what you're looking for