Help

Interface to add projects with numerous tasks (each with their own record)?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
158 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acoron2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I am trying to build an interface that would allow our team to plan out large projects that require multiple tasks, all in one form. For example, I want to input a Project 1, add a description, input a deadline, and add a priority status. This should feed into a Projects table and I assume have a field that links to the task records.

In that same form, I want the ability to add smaller tasks that are part of the larger project. Specifically, I want to be able to add tasks, a description or notes, a deadline, and most importantly an assignee to that specific task only (not the project). This should feed into a Tasks table with each task as its own record.

One form would be best versus having to create a project on its own and create task records separately. Is there any way to do this? Is this even possible in Airtable?

1 Reply 1

Hmm, I think you'd need to use an Interface page and allow users to create one record per Task I'm afraid:

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 2.57.29 PM.png

You could potentially do this all via one form without creating one record per task, but that implies you'd be keying your data in in the wrong formats (e.g. the assignee would be free text instead of the actual assignee), and you'd need to have your own automation logic to decipher that

If the tasks are always the same you could potentially look into using Record Templates to help as well