cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey All.

I have an interface setup and there are fields that I only want visible by certain users.  There's a collab field with certain members assigned to the records.  I thought this would limit the field based on just those collabs, however everyone can still see it, including me.  The idea is for example, fields with Ed's name visibility is filtered by Ed, and Julie.  They are the only ones that should see it.    Any ideas?

Sean_Lake1_1-1715184389201.png

7 Replies 7
Nyaruko
5 - Automation Enthusiast

See "Option #2" on this post. I believe an Interface would be much more suitable for this use case than a view. 

Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I did build an interface, that screenshot is of an interface. The visibility option is for a specific field in the interface.  

Nyaruko

Sorry for failing to use my eyes there. You're right.

So if for the element you're using to display the records, you change the condition to be:

-Where [Instructor Collaborator] has any of [Current User]

Would that have the desired effect?

That's exactly what I did:

Sean_Lake1_0-1715206580338.png

Close up of the field's Visibility settings.  It doesn't work correctly, everyone can still see the fields.

Sean_Lake1_1-1715206762795.png

Setting to current user has a worse affect.Not even previewing as Ed doesn't show his field.

I replicated this in a quick test.
After publishing it followed the rules and I think the issue is with the preview.

Glen_Bayless_0-1715288192626.png

If I "View as" someone else it still doesn't show the field. But when I navigate to my user it works so I would expect it to work for the other user as well.

Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sadly, it's not working at all.  I've tried other methods like creating separate collab fields, and then in the interface trying to assign the collab field as current user, but the collab field isn't available.  Very frustrating for something so simple.

Sean_Lake1_0-1715288554046.png

Sean_Lake1_1-1715288609197.png