cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all! 

I'm running into an issue when building a form. I am trying to build a publicly accessible form through Interfaces that also includes population through record linking. For context, this is a form that clients can use to order supplies from an organization. My ideal workflow for this would be; the client selects their Record ID in a linking field, and once they do, an automation pre-fills the form with their usual order. They can then edit it if there's something they would like to add or remove. 

I've built the automation, and I've built the form - but now how do I get them to work together? Is this feature not possible? Looking for straightforward solutions before I go down a rabbithole! Thank you in advance for your time and help!

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is not possible with Airtable's forms, but you can do that with Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable.

Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, direct integration with hundreds of apps like Calendly & Google Maps on your forms, and so much more.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Sigh yeah, that's not possible I'm afraid.  We can only prefill forms via URL parameters at this point (https://support.airtable.com/docs/prefilling-a-form-via-encoded-url)

Would it be feasible to create one prefilled form URL per client and pass that to them instead?