Help

Possible to send other variables with interface form redirect than record_id?

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
198 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0800-grizzly
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I am sending users from an interface form to a Calendly event booking page using the redirect URL.

Calendly would be able to receive variables such as invitee_name and invitee_email, but in the form design I can only choose record_id to be passed.

Getting name and email passed from Airtable to Calendly would greatly simplify the UX and reduce error possibilities for e.g. email address between Airtable and Calendly.

Is there some workaround how to get other variables than record_id to be passed?

Rgds,

Björn

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As you have discovered, you can only add the Record_ID to Airtable's redirect URL.

But there is another problem, too. 

The other problem is that Airtable's forms don't redirect immediately. There is about a 5-second delay before the redirect happens, which gives the user plenty of time to inadvertently close their browser window before the redirect even happens.

I can think of at least 2 excellent ways for you to solve this problem:

#1. Recreate your form in Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout gives you hundreds upon hundreds of advanced features that aren't available in Airtable's native forms. In your case, Fillout gives you 2 great things: (1) the ability to add an unlimited number of parameters to your redirect URL, and (2) instant redirects with no delays at all. As soon as the user clicks submit, the redirect has already happened. 

#2. Instead of trying to redirect the person to Calendly after they submit the form, simply create an automation in Airtable that emails them the customized link that they should click on. So after they hit the submit button, they will receive an email with the customized Calendly link for them to click on.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@0800-grizzly 

Actially, I just realized!

You can skip the redirect altogether, because Fillout has direct integration with Calendly right on their forms!

You can have all your Calendly functionality appear directly on any page of your Fillout form. Here is their setup guide.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As you have discovered, you can only add the Record_ID to Airtable's redirect URL.

But there is another problem, too. 

The other problem is that Airtable's forms don't redirect immediately. There is about a 5-second delay before the redirect happens, which gives the user plenty of time to inadvertently close their browser window before the redirect even happens.

I can think of at least 2 excellent ways for you to solve this problem:

#1. Recreate your form in Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout gives you hundreds upon hundreds of advanced features that aren't available in Airtable's native forms. In your case, Fillout gives you 2 great things: (1) the ability to add an unlimited number of parameters to your redirect URL, and (2) instant redirects with no delays at all. As soon as the user clicks submit, the redirect has already happened. 

#2. Instead of trying to redirect the person to Calendly after they submit the form, simply create an automation in Airtable that emails them the customized link that they should click on. So after they hit the submit button, they will receive an email with the customized Calendly link for them to click on.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@0800-grizzly 

Actially, I just realized!

You can skip the redirect altogether, because Fillout has direct integration with Calendly right on their forms!

You can have all your Calendly functionality appear directly on any page of your Fillout form. Here is their setup guide.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

Thanks Scott,

#1 is something I wanted to avoid, keeping costs and amount of systems down, but may be the way I need to go.

#2 I already did part of it but only as a reminder, in case the user dropped out. Adding the variables there I'll do for sure, and will also look at changing the process totally.

Rgds,

Björn

Wow, interesting! Thanks a lot!

Rgds,

Björn