257 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tech-no-mad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Below is what I want to do, more specifically, what training can I consume to achieve the goals outlined below. In a perfect world, I would also be able to put this data into a form or template that allows for repeatable recreation without making it from scratch every time. 

I'm trying to figure out how to build a data set that manages several different parameters of a home automation system. I need to store devices by types and rooms/areas. I then want to be able to have a time reference for different time periods of the day, sunrise, 30 mintues before/after sunrise, sunset, 30 minutes before, wake event 1, wake event 2, get ready 1, get ready 2, breakfast, morning, lunch, afternoon, dinner, evening, wind down, bedtime 1, bedtime 2, night. 

The intent is to create a tool that can be used as a reference for creating a scope as well as documenting what should be happening throughout the day incase of a failure and need to re-program. For example wake 1 would turn on lights in the master at a soft level when the alarm goes off. Get ready is triggered by disabling the alarm. Breakfast is triggered at a time and sets lights in the kitchen and surrounding areas. I also need to break this down by rooms as well. So each room might consist of 2-4 scenes that are tied to keypads in those rooms and can be triggered at anytime. A rooms scene/s might be then triggered by the daily automation routines that occur mostly based on time except for the wake events that are triggered by alarms on our phones tied to automations in the home automation.

0 Replies 0