163 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elimo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a base where conversations with customers are sorted into different category, like pricing, features, complaints, technical requests, etc.

I want to create an overview that shows how many conversations of each category happened in different time periods (Last 24 hours, last week, last month, last 3 months,...).

This is how it looks like:

Elimo_1-1715345593948.png

Is it possible to make that so that the number of conversations of, for example, pricing are rightly entered automatically into each of the columns?

(This is where the conversations are saved:)

Elimo_2-1715345635927.png

6 Replies 6
Shawn_Peters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Elimo!
Assuming you are linking to the Overview table for each category, you can utilize the setup you created by changing the field type to Count for the counts fields that target your linked field, make the conditions based on your needs. (within the past 30 days, etc.)

cheers!
Shawn

-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

Thanks for your answer,

I did what you said but I got two issues:

1. I don't know how to filter the rows by topics. At the moment, I set the conditions to (Example on Last Year):

Elimo_0-1715882645888.png

I set the topic-condition to every topic there is. But I don't know how I can sort the stats for each topic into the fitting row. This is what it is like:

Elimo_1-1715882725922.png

2. Although I set the conditions, nothing shows. I tried changing the selected topics to only one/two/... topics instead of all at once. But it never showed me any number whatsoever. This is what the records look like:

Elimo_2-1715882851742.png

Shawn_Peters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HI Elimo! 
I see you have it filtered to show records that are more that 1 year old, but I don't see any threads dated more than ~7 months old.

• If you intend to capture the threads from the past year , change the date filter in the count field to is on or after 365 days ago.

• as for sorting the topics , depending on the layout and need, I would have a count field for each topic Or have a formula that extracts the data for the row/topic base on the topics name column.

Hope this is helpful! 
-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

Thanks Shawn, that really helped me.
Could you expand more on sorting the topics. Would you add the count fields to this overview table? What do you mean by the formula thing?
(My questions might sound dumb, but I'm new to Airtable and trying to learn).

Shawn_Peters
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HI Elimo!
That is a great question, actually Glad to hear you are making progress!. I may have over complicated it. It appear as though all that needs to happen now is the Topics need linked to the conversations. This could be done by changing the multiselect Topics field to be tour linked field, or automate the link occurring when the multiselect field is updated for a conversation entry.

-Shawn
慄Time Wizard

Hi Shawn,
the Topics Field in Threads has to be a multiselect field, as conversations may cover multiple topics. I don't think your approach could work just like that. 
Is there a way to integrate some kind of code or condition anywhere for the count fields in "Overview 1", that says: "Where Topic has any of {Topic listed in the begging of the rows}?".
Thereby it would automatically adjust to the according topic.