cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricGuy
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, 

I have a question that I am having trouble finding an exact answer for; my company manages week-long events at a large scale and I'm trying to determine how much it would cost to allow several temporary collaborators on a specific base for a week.

I know that Airtable bills per user prorated by day, so does that mean if I bring in 5 users for 5 days and the monthly cost is $24/month, would the answer be $0.80/day per user*5 users*5 days= $20 total added to the invoice? I hope this makes sense, let me know if you need any more context! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dilipborad
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello @EricGuy 

Here's how to calculate the cost for adding temporary collaborators:

1. Cost per user per day:

• You've correctly calculated it as $0.80/day. This is because the monthly cost ($24) is divided by the number of days in a month (assuming 30 days).

2. Total cost:

• You've almost got it! The total cost would be $20 for 5 users x 5 days x $0.80/day/user. However, there's a slight nuance to consider.

Nuance: Prorated cost per user on top of daily cost:

• Airtable might add a prorated cost per user on top of the daily cost. This is because you're essentially adding users mid-cycle, and they're getting access for a portion of the month, not the entire month.
  • The exact amount of this prorated cost depends on when you add the users within the billing cycle. Airtable doesn't publicly disclose their specific calculations for this, but it's usually a small amount.
  • To get the most accurate estimate, you can contact Airtable support and provide them with your specific scenario (number of users, duration of access, billing cycle start date). They can calculate the exact prorated cost for you.

Here are some additional resources that you might find helpful:

I hope this clarifies things! Let me know if you have any other questions.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
dilipborad
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello @EricGuy 

Here's how to calculate the cost for adding temporary collaborators:

1. Cost per user per day:

• You've correctly calculated it as $0.80/day. This is because the monthly cost ($24) is divided by the number of days in a month (assuming 30 days).

2. Total cost:

• You've almost got it! The total cost would be $20 for 5 users x 5 days x $0.80/day/user. However, there's a slight nuance to consider.

Nuance: Prorated cost per user on top of daily cost:

• Airtable might add a prorated cost per user on top of the daily cost. This is because you're essentially adding users mid-cycle, and they're getting access for a portion of the month, not the entire month.
  • The exact amount of this prorated cost depends on when you add the users within the billing cycle. Airtable doesn't publicly disclose their specific calculations for this, but it's usually a small amount.
  • To get the most accurate estimate, you can contact Airtable support and provide them with your specific scenario (number of users, duration of access, billing cycle start date). They can calculate the exact prorated cost for you.

Here are some additional resources that you might find helpful:

I hope this clarifies things! Let me know if you have any other questions.