Help

Pull data from one field and add it to another field in the same table?

Solved
Jump to Solution
337 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fodcj
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a single table where I have different columns for Town, County, Region etc. I then have a Description field with some generic copy but at the end I want to automatically add the Town name within its row (see image).

E.g. Town: Aaron's Hill

Description:  Welcome to the beautiful town of {Town}

Seems like a fairly basic requirement but I've done a lot of Google searching and I can't find the answer. Any help very much appreciated  🙏

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 9.29.36 am.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would create a formula field that looks like this:

"Welcome to the town of " & {Town}

Hope this helps! You can learn even more about formula fields in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a free 30-day trial with LinkedIn Learning. 

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

See Solution in Thread

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You will need to add another ampersand (the & symbol) before your quoted text. You use that symbol to connect different pieces of text in your formula. 

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would create a formula field that looks like this:

"Welcome to the town of " & {Town}

Hope this helps! You can learn even more about formula fields in my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a free 30-day trial with LinkedIn Learning. 

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

fodcj

Thanks @ScottWorld . That worked for what I described.  I then tried to add two parts to the sentence so the  'Town' appears in the middle but this through an error. Is there a way to do the below?

"We are your go-to partner in " & {Town} ". Whether you're a homeowner tackling a DIY project or a construction professional managing a large-scale job, we've got you covered. With us, its easy and affordable."

System said: Sorry, there was a problem saving this field. Invalid formula. Please check your formula text.
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You will need to add another ampersand (the & symbol) before your quoted text. You use that symbol to connect different pieces of text in your formula. 

fodcj

Your a star, thanks @ScottWorld   🙏