177 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murater
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello - I am new here and trying to create a base for following cash flows in my various accounts, cash or petty cash.

Thanks to sources I found here, I succeeded to create deposit and withdrawal through two tables, one for accounts and one for transactions, and a rollup structure to calculate the balances of each account under the deposit/withdrawal transactions. However my concern is related to "transfer" transactions between accounts. When it is a "transfer" transaction, I want the rollup to subtract the amount value from the transferring account and add the amount value to the receiving account. I mean, when the number of accounts and the rollup transactions becomes two, I cannot find a practical (or sophisticated! 🙂 ) solution for such purpose, so that;

(a) I select the "transfer" as the transaction type;

(b) I enter the amount of the transaction;

(c) I select the From and To accounts separately;

(d) The amount becomes withdrawal for first account and deposit for the second account.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

2 Replies 2

What if you created an automation that triggers whenever a "Transfer" transcation type is created, and its action would be to create a new record for the rollup calculation?  So the first record would be -50 to Account A, and the second record would be +50 to Account B

Might not work depending on how your data's set up though and if you could provide screenshots of your table setup that'd be very helpful

murater
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adam - Thank you for your great tip, it worked great!