Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Clear Unpublished Changes On Record Detail (for Interfaces) - Reposted from Interface Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
BillH
9 - Sun
9 - Sun
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Having the ability to clear unpublished changes on the interfaces has been very helpful, and is  in line with many of other development environments I've used.  In case I'm not being clear, I'm referring to the little blue dot (see below) letting us know the page has not been published, where moving the mouse pointer to the right bring up options including the clear changes.  

BillH_0-1686940568981.png

My concern is when you have enabled "Allow users to open Record Details" when they select a record in many different views.  This will open a Sidesheet (or full page view) of the record, which can be customized.  The problem is that there seems to be no way of clearing changes in this view, once you're made the change it's done, and if you go to the the main page and use the clear changes option it will not clear these changes.

To further complicate things, the Record Details sheet is shared for every page that points to that table, so an inadvertent change will show up in multiple pages.

Is anyone aware of a way to "Clear Changes" on a Record Detail sheet?  Thanks in advance for any feedback or advice.

How does is solve the user problems?

It would provide a safety net when making changes and eliminate the time required to recreate and test a Record Detail sheet if it gets overwritten and saved in error.

How was this validated?

Unfortunately a collaborator was experimenting on a page and new they could restore the main page but was unaware that the restoration would not apply to the detail page.

Who is the target audience?

Users of Interface designers, particularly those designing interactive pages and interfaces.

1 Comment
Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have no idea why there's no traction on this. It's a pretty big deficiency. Record Details pages should show up in the Pages tree on the left with all the other pages.

I'll just keep trying to remember to back up my record details pages before making changes.