418 0
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
annawright
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to assign leads within a base to a member of my team, but do not want them to be able to have full access to the base. I would prefer them to only see the base as an interface, and only be able to read and access leads that have been shared with them. Is this possible?

35 Replies 35
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you, @raghavsethi! ๐Ÿ˜€

idodan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

how exactly can I use current user filter without having collaborators populate user fields in the Base tables? Without that, how can I link records to collaborators??

See my filtering in the Interface:

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 0.29.47.png

Tom_Glatt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has there been any further movement on this kind of issue? I really like the evolution of the interface development tool but am wary of building an interface that multiple clients access - especially clients that compete with one another. We've started to look at using other interface tools but would much prefer to stay on one platform if at all possible. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

On  business plans and above, you can now hide users from seeing the list of other users. Unfortunately, this is not available on the Teams plan.

Tom_Glatt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Scott. I didnโ€™t realize that was now an option. Missed it. Do you think noloco is still a better option for something like a client portal as compared to airtable with the options to hide users and sharing?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It depends on what you need.

I prefer to keep everything in Airtable as much as possible, because itโ€™s simple/easy/uncomplicated.

However, Airtableโ€™s feature set is extremely limiting, and itโ€™s extraordinarily & unreasonably expensive if you open up your interfaces to editors.

Although you could save tons of money by combining Airtableโ€™s interfaces with Filloutโ€™s advanced forms for Airtable.

Fillout is 100% free and offers literally hundreds of features that Airtableโ€™s native forms donโ€™t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, and so much more.

So if you need your external customers to edit their Airtable data but donโ€™t want to pay Airtableโ€™s extraordinary expenses for this, you could give them read-only access to your Airtable interface, and then for editing purposes, you can have your interface link them to their record in Fillout so they can edit their data there for free.

Regarding Noloco: Noloco is infinitely more powerful & significantly cheaper than Airtable, but it comes with such incredibly high levels of complexity & confusion that I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s worth using for the majority of use cases.

There are also much simpler portals than Noloco, such as Softr, JetAdmin, Pory, and Glide. Those might be worth exploring.

Hope this helps! If youโ€™d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant โ€” ScottWorld