685 6
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
michaeltaylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to create a formula for finish date / time = start date / time + estimated hours for a working week of Monday to Thursday from 7.30am to 4.00pm, and 7.30am to 1.30pm on Friday?

6 Replies 6

Could you provide example data and example output?  Would love to help but not really sure what we're trying to do!

michaeltaylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I want to formulate my 'FINISH DATE / TIME S P' field so that it takes the 'START DATE / TIME S P' added to the 'EST HRS S P' to show task finish time based on a working day hours of 7.30am to 4.00pm with 8 hours actual working time Monday to Thursday, and 7.30am to 1.30pm with 6 hours actual working time on Fridays. 

At present the 'FINISH DATE / TIME SP' field calculates a 12 hour task to start at 7.30am on 20/02/2024 and finish at 7.30pm on 20/02/2024 when I would like it to show the task to roll over to the next day and finish at 11.30am on 21/02/2024, is it possible to create a formula to achieve this?

michaeltaylor_1-1707831502819.png

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Michael

Ahh, thank you very much for the details.  I can't think of a way to do this with a formula I'm afraid, and think that I'd need to do this with a script extension and JavaScript

michaeltaylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Adam,

Thank you so much for taking time to look at this and for your reply.

What would a script extension and JavaScript entail? Time, cost etc?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks,

Michael.

michaeltaylor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated.

I would like to proceed however I just wanted to add that I have this type field set up 14 times across my Airtable to work with 14 different categories required in my furniture manufacturing process. With that said, would the same script extension work across all 14? Or would that require more substantial work on your side and additional costs?

Additionally, what would you require from me, my Airtable? Credit Card payment details etc? And what would be the lead time?

Unfortunately I am unable to send you a DM as I don't have your full email.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks,

Michael.