cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
wat2win
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello all!
We just noticed that one of airtable function, Revision History is gone!

Is anybody else seeing this error?

wat2win_0-1703726983584.png

8 Replies 8
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @wat2win 

I have a team plan, which is to give access to 1 Year of revision history.

I'm also a bit confused after checking these same things on my side. 

I've checked 2 tables and both of them have data copied/imported from csv and Excel files.

I also remember that airtable always mentions the input method(api, form, pasted, added by the user, etc) of data.

See this image, Check the created date and then there is nothing on All Activity.

dilipborad_0-1703740091680.png

Now see this another image. Here everything is properly mentioned.

dilipborad_1-1703740152927.png

Can someone please elaborate more, Is it an issue or just any misunderstanding?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable erases 100% of the revision history if you duplicate a base or restore a base from a snapshot. It is very unfortunate. Airtable also changes the record IDโ€™s in duplicated or restored bases, which is also highly unfortunate.

p.s. If youโ€™d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant โ€” ScottWorld 

I am also having the same issue.  And this started to happen in November.  I noticed the plans (which we pay for)... changed names around that time.  Did they also restrict history???  

Any change I make current (not even past records) are bring recorded.  Only comments are. 

Faris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did you ever find a resolution for this?  We are having the same issue.    And these aren't even old records.  I can create one today.. and any field I change (it use to be in my acitivty history) is not showing up.  Only comments.

D.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you viewing all activity or just comments?

All activity.  And it only shows comments.  If I change the record... it used to 'record' it in the activity.  And I created a new record .. to ensure this wasn't because it was an old record. 

Faris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same issue as the images sent in the above thread by dilipborad .

D.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would send an email to support@airtable.com.