Help

[GUIDE] How to sync Your Airtable data to a Google Sheets using Automations!

2896 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaoosman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As someone who uses both Airtable and Google Sheets for managing my data, I've often wished that there was an easy way to sync data between the two platforms. While there are some methods available, they often come with limitations, such as not being able to handle real-time syncing or only syncing in one direction.

In this post, I'll be sharing a guide on how to use Airtable automations to sync your data to Google Sheets, as well as sharing some details on a tool that I'm currently building that will make this process even easier.

Syncing Airtable to Google Sheets with Automations

If you're using Airtable and Google Sheets and want to sync data between the two, one option is to use Airtable automations. Here are the steps to set up this type of sync:

1. In your Airtable base, click on "Automations" in the top corner of the screen.

2. Click "New automation" and choose "When record updated" or "When record created" as the trigger.

3. Set up the trigger details: Pick your table, make sure the View is Grid view and the fields that you want to update/create

4. Create a new action and select the google sheets integration with the action "Append row"

5. Set up the Actions configurations: Pick and login with your google sheets account, then select the spreadsheet and worksheet that you want to sync with

6. Select the column that you want to sync the row data with. For example, if you have a Column called "To-dos" in your Google sheets, select the To do column and then the field that you want to sync it to in your base by pressing the "+" sign

7. Test it to see if it works! That's it! Your Airtable data will now be automatically synced to your Google Sheets spreadsheet in real time.

A New Tool for Real-Time Syncing and More

If you're looking for a more robust solution, I'm excited to announce that I'm currently building a tool that will let you easily sync your Airtable data to Google Sheets, with features such as real-time syncing, bi-directional syncing, and custom field mapping. It is out this week!

While Airtable does have an automation feature that allows you to sync data to Google Sheets, it can be limited in terms of customization and real-time syncing. With my tool, you'll be able to set up custom syncing rules, handle real-time syncing, and both-ways syncing. By using this tool, you'll be able to save time and reduce the risk of errors by keeping your data in sync across both platforms.

If you want to sign up to be notified when it comes out, please sign up here: 

https://airsheetsync.ck.page/d1477d30df

We are also offering a lifetime deal that is a fraction of the price that you will pay yearly when it is out! So please consider supporting.

If you're interested in using this tool, or not, comment below and let me know what other features that would be important for this tool! If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to leave a comment me directly. Thank you for your interest!

Once more to sign up: 

https://airsheetsync.ck.page/d1477d30df

1 Reply 1
Devinder_Singh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

If you're looking for a reliable synchronization solution, consider trying Byteline data sync. It offers 2-Way and 1-Way sync between Google Sheets and Airtable. Following are some of the features:

1. Automatic table and field mapping.
  2. Historical sync to update your pre-existing data.
  3. Custom filters to fine-tune the data you want to synchronize.
  4. Intuitive Record Change History: Stay informed about every modification with a clear history of record changes.

Learn more.