Help

Re: How can I get rid of the cookie popup in the embed view ?

2410 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandrepro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable has just released a popup to allow cookies on all embed views making my app not usable anymore....

Each time I refresh the page, the same popup is displayed !

How can I get rid of this popup allowing cookie ?

Thank you for your help!

40 Replies 40

I also thought about the last point you mention. Why is a cookie needed at all?

alexandrepro

Cookies are not needed on these embed views.

The only example I have in mind is calendly, on which there is a way for the user to disable the cookie popup when you share an embed calendar.

On smartsuite, retable, notion... or any other competitors you see there is no cookie popup at all on embed views.

The act of saying no I don't accept cookies and then Airtable reinforcing the exact same popup after a clear NO from the user is a clear breach of the GDPR as Airtable does not log the answer from the user...

If nothing is done by Airtable product & legal team asap, I will warn the GDPR authorities about it.

I am waiting for the reply of both the legal & product Airtable team on Monday as they also told me they are on holiday.

alpacox

This is really frustrating - any update? Is it worth us all contacting support?

sricha27

I've contacted support, the more people the better

alexandrepro

Yes we have to contact them everyday, this topic has the most views and kudos in the whole show & tell section in the Airtable community.

If this community is useful, it will be added on the roadmap for the next feature delivery.

OK have done - I have also sent a link to this thread so should be clear it is critical to remove it - it even screws up how the user visits the page as scrolls down to the bottom! As in this example - https://thisishaslemere.co.uk/eventsbydate 

AntoineS

I also keep contacting support. So far they are still in deflection mode.

egg

Hi there!

Here is the reply from airtable. This should be fixed by wednesday!

"Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our product team has identified a bug related to the use of embedded Airtable views causing a cookie banner pop-up to display. Our teams are working on a fix to resolve this and are expecting for the necessary updates to be applied by the end of the day on Wednesday.

If you continue experiencing this pop-up after Wednesday, please let us know. Thank you again for hanging with us while we investigated this. "

Luc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 this cookie prompt is an horror and defeating the link sharing feature..  

alpacox

Fantastic 👍🏼