330 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobCH
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are currently trying to move our hiring onboarding process to Airtable. In our company, we have a medical team (Nurses & Doctors), a health coaching team, a business/marketing team, and soon to be technology team. 

In a perfect world this is how I want the onboarding process to work:

- First the prospect will fill a form out giving their basic information. (Phone number, address, email, desired job position, etc.)

- Once the form is submitted, we can select hire or reject.

- Once hired, Airtable will then take that prospect and insert them into the proper Job Specific/employment type onboarding checklist.

- Onboarding a medical new hire will be vastly different than onboarding a new health coach as they require different technology and employment forms. Medical staff are typically full time and health coaches are part time. We also need to consider contractors who will fill out a W-9 instead of a W-4.

In short, I want to build a process in airtable that will allow us to easily track the onboarding process of multiple new hires with different job positions. I would also like to assign tasks to existing employees to help in the process. For example, the tech team will need to be assigned to the task "Setup employee laptop".

Any help or documents would be greatly appreciated!

5 Replies 5
Valentino_Escal
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @JacobCH,

Are you using Airtable Forms or Automations? It's a bit hard to give advice to show conditional checklists without more info. 

I would be happy to help out if you want to get some advice in the best way to approach the hiring onboarding process. 

You can book an hour and have an hourly chat with me here👌

Cheers

Yeah, you'd use conditional logic in your form and Airtable has a doc on it here:
https://support.airtable.com/docs/building-and-sharing-forms-in-airtable#setting-conditional-form-fi...

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.13.00 AM.png

And I threw something together to get you started:

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.15.27 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.15.24 AM.png
And you'd set it up like so:

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.15.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 8.14.59 AM.png

Link to base
Form link

If you want fully conditional pages with conditional paths, I would highly recommend Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. I have most of my Airtable Consulting clients using Fillout.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

JacobCH

What I am looking to do is build a base in Airtable for employee onboarding. When the New Hire Prospect signs a form and indicates a specific job type (Medical, Technology, Operations, etc.) the base will connect that person to the right onboarding steps. Not all positions will share the same onboarding steps. Like for example if someone is trying to join the Technology team, they will not need lab training as they are not joining the medical team. 
I hope this added detail makes more sense. I am sorry for the confusion!

Hi @JacobCH,

As the others commenters alluded to, Airtable Forms with Conditional Logic in your form will be the best way to go. The base design will depend on what questions you have in your form. For example, if you want only specific choices for 'Medical', you create specific fields in your base that are only for New Hire Prospects that choose 'Medical' in the form. The main takeaway is that your base design will be based on what questions are in your form.

Tip: Make sure when you are creating your form, you itemize the questions in order that they appear. For example, the first question in the form has to be at the top. For the Conditional Logic, it should be under the main question such as a single select field for "Medical, Technology, Operations).