164 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CH_Saturn
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Anybody have a workaround to print out an Interface (physically or digitally as a pdf)? I have a Financial Dashboard that I would like to print and file at the end of each year. 

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Some of the interface pages now come with a print option that you can enable.

After you enable the print option, it will appear in the upper right corner of those interface pages.

For the interface pages that don’t come with a print option, you may have some limited success by just printing from your web browser by pulling down from the File menu to Print.

Otherwise, you’d have to handcraft your own printing/PDF option by using external tools.

Here are a few options of external tools:

1. One of the most popular PDF creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. It has its own Airtable extension and can also be automated via Make

2. Another very popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

3. PlumSail Documents and Formstack Documents are 2 different apps that have Airtable extensions and also offer full Make support.

4. However, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make’s automations & integrations. You can even use good old fashioned Google Docs, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Excel. If you’ve never used Make before, I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Airtable only supports interface printing for the following layouts/elements I'm afraid:

• List
  • Timeline
  • Calendar
  • Record Detail
      - Individual record detail pages
      - Up to 100 record detail pages in one PDF
  • Charts

Given that you're only doing this once a year, do you think you could get away with just screenshotting and printing that instead?