98 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hportier
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I'm trying to use a Task Template table & an automation to create Tasks aligned to an Account based on a specific criteria. I've got the automation working with the following set up: 

• When a record matches a condition in the Accounts table
    • Product/Service [LinkedRecord to the Product/Service table] is not empty 
  • Find Records in Task Template table & create list based on Product/Service dynamically pulling in Product/Service of Airtable ID in trigger
  • Create Records in the Task List for Accounts table with the relevant fields. 

Here is the problem: I want the "trigger" to be a multiselect field (IE there could be one or many product/services purchased by an account). I am having trouble figuring out how to change the trigger such that it creates tasks that are linked to multiple Product/Services. (In the Task Template table I've also linked the Tasks to the Product/Service. Some of these tasks can be for all three services). I want to look at ALL of the tags in the Product/Services Field on the Account table and then have the automation find all of the Tasks in the Task Template that have each of those Product/Services and create these as a new Task in the Task List for Accounts table. 

What am I missing to get the system to watch multi-select fields? 

Additionally, I want to figure out a way to set up more logic with the "buckets" of tasks. Essentially, within one product specifically, there will be additional tasks based on additional add-on services. So, I need to figure out a trigger that is watching if this specific product is tagged in the Product/Services field on the Account level AND this other single select field is ABC, pull in the tasks for the Product/Services AND ABC. 

Currently, I only have the Product/Services as a LinkedRecord field tied to both the Accounts & Task Template tables. Do I need to do the same thing for this secondary tag for the products that have additional criteria for more unique tasks? 

Thanks all! 

1 Reply 1

Assuming all the Product/Services are added at once, then your idea of using a multiselect field works fine.  You'd use a repeating group action and use the multiselect field as a list, and then put your existing "Find Record" and "Create Record" actions in the repeating group.  You'd need to make your trigger manual though, something like a checkbox.  Your workflow would then be to populate the mulitselect field as needed and then tick that checkbox to trigger the automation so as to avoid the automation triggering early

https://support.airtable.com/docs/repeating-groups-of-automation-actions
---
If it's possible for Products/Services to be added after tasks have already been created this becomes trickier, you'd need a system to check which Products/Services have already had tasks created for them and find the actionable ones.  Is this possibble?

---
Sorry, I don't really understand the second question about ABC.  If we're already using a multiselect field to handle Products/Services, wouldn't the multiselect field have that one product + ABC when we create it?