cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFGF
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good evening everyone.

How do I auto-generate a QR code for every row on my Airtable database? In addition, I need to time-stamp each time the QR code is scanned and any changes are made to the “member status” column for the respective row. All QR codes need to be auto-generated.

Could you please share any suggestions/directions? Is it possible to do this on Airtable?

For context, I watched this video from @ Loic_Chapuis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbKve8JnBq0. The script in this video generates 16 qr codes for the 16 names already in the database. But I need to auto-generate the code each time there is a new entry. The timing of 10,000 entries is varied. I don’t know when people will sign up so the code needs to be auto-generated. I am unsure if the scrips method mentioned above will work.

Have you done anything like this before? Could you share how you did it?

Best,
Freedom

PS - I am so stoked to learn about AirTable. Neat neat product and seems like such a great community too. Thank you all. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Replies 3

You can use this extension to generate QR codes for each record. (They also have one that generates a regular barcode)

QR Code Generator on Airtable - miniExtensions

Generating one QR code at a time? Don't. This automation generates QR codes in bulk on Airtable with a single click! Supports scheduling & webhooks.

You can timestamp changes made to a specific field by adding a Formula field type and adding LAST_MODIFIED_TIME({Member Status}).

Adding a timestamp for everytime the barcode is scanned is tricky. Do you already keep track of scans in some way?

Hey Kamille,

“Adding a timestamp for everytime the barcode is scanned is tricky. Do you already keep track of scans in some way?” – Not being able to do this currently in any way. :confused:

I am testing out MiniExtensions now and will tell you how it worked shortly.

Thank you for your response.

Just an FYI to close this one: Mini Extenstions it is!!! Thank you for responding. :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: