cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thi_Huynh
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All,

I’m new to Airtable and need some help please. I have 2 tabs one for Projects and another is Tasks which breaks down each project where you can add multiple tasks related to that project. I wanted to know is there a way to automatically update the Project - “start date” and “due date”, to reflect the first start date of the list of Tasks and the last due date in that list?

Thanks
T

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Yep, you would do that with Rollup fields in your “Projects” table.

You’d Rollup the Linked “Tasks”, the “Due Date” field from the “Tasks” table, and you’d use a different Rollup function for each…

For the “Start Date” Rollup field in your “Projects” table you’d use:

MIN(values)

to return the smallest (earliest) date value from the “Due Date” field of your “Tasks” table.

For the “End Date” Rollup field in your “Projects” table you’d use:

MAX(values)

to return the largest (latest) date value from the “Due Date” field of your “Tasks” table.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Yep, you would do that with Rollup fields in your “Projects” table.

You’d Rollup the Linked “Tasks”, the “Due Date” field from the “Tasks” table, and you’d use a different Rollup function for each…

For the “Start Date” Rollup field in your “Projects” table you’d use:

MIN(values)

to return the smallest (earliest) date value from the “Due Date” field of your “Tasks” table.

For the “End Date” Rollup field in your “Projects” table you’d use:

MAX(values)

to return the largest (latest) date value from the “Due Date” field of your “Tasks” table.

Hi Jeremy,

Wow amazing thank you so much!!! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Regards
T

Hi Jeremy,

One more question please. When I add a new Project in the Project tab how can this be automatically added into the Tasks tab as a new Project line. Right now I’m having to manually add each project into the Tasks tab which can be confusing when other have added in a new Project.

Thanks very much for your help.

T