1375 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julie_Blackburn
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When I link to a Base with a “RATING” (Little Hearts) to create a viewable, duplicate column in another base, it only allows the field to show up as integers in various forms. No Hearts. It doesn’t make sense as I’ve been able to pull over logos from other fields, is RATING just broken?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahhh, I see, you’re using a lookup field.

I don’t know of any way to lookup a rating field and maintain its symbols, because it seems like lookup fields will only result in an array of text, numbers, or dates. (Oh, and attachments too, as you mentioned!) This would probably be a good product suggestion to add into the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

Your best bet would probably be to keep that lookup field intact, and then create a new formula field that is based on that lookup field.

Your new formula field would convert that lookup field’s integer into a certain number of emojis, such as the heart emoji.

Your formula could look like this:

REPT("❤️",{Potential Revenue})

Hope this helps!

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hmmm… it sounds like your field type might be set to “number”. In order to see symbols, your field type must be changed to “rating”.

It isn’t.

duh.JPG

proof.JPG

basetopull.JPG

appear.JPG

Ahhh, I see, you’re using a lookup field.

I don’t know of any way to lookup a rating field and maintain its symbols, because it seems like lookup fields will only result in an array of text, numbers, or dates. (Oh, and attachments too, as you mentioned!) This would probably be a good product suggestion to add into the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category.

Your best bet would probably be to keep that lookup field intact, and then create a new formula field that is based on that lookup field.

Your new formula field would convert that lookup field’s integer into a certain number of emojis, such as the heart emoji.

Your formula could look like this:

REPT("❤️",{Potential Revenue})

Hope this helps!

Awesome! Thank you so much, and I will make the suggestion.

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: