Help

Create an automatic email for noticing 15 days in advance that my project is about to end

2170 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artbangbang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

we have a calendar of several exhibitions that ends at different dates. I would like to create
an automatic email that will be sent to us 15 days in advance before the target date so we can reach out our client and ask if he want to renew the experience or not before its too late.

I have downloaded Integromat but i don’t know the right formula to write…

Many thanks

7 Replies 7

Hi @Artbangbang - I tend you use Zapier for this sort of thing (same as Integromat). I’ll show you the Zapier way, as I’m more familiar with it, but you can do a similar thing in the Integromat.

If this is you exhibitions table:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.37.06.png

create a new view on this table:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.37.20.png

using this filter:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.37.31.png

Now, in Zapier, have a Zap which is:

New record in Airtable view -> Send email by Zapier:

• Set up the Airtable component:
    Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.33.53.png

• Choose the base, table and view you want:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.34.05.png

• Next, choose Email by Zapier component:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.34.25.png

• Finally, set up your email template:

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 10.35.03.png

Now, when an exhibition record moves into the “15 day” view as its end date is “after today, but within 15 days”, the Zap will trigger and the email will be sent.

Hope this helps.

JB

Artbangbang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! It gives us a better idea! The only problem is that you have to pay Zapier and we don’t have the budget for it. I think Integromat is free tho?

Thanks for proposing to do it but as we said above we don’t have the budget to allow it…

Many thanks,

Artbangbang

Hi @Artbangbang - you can implement this on the free Zapier plan as long as you stay within the limits (it is only a 2-step Zap):

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 15.35.45.png

That said, if you have other things on Integromat already, maybe best to stick with that.

JB

Brenda_Ginsberg
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello, I posted a question that is also about emails and AirTable. Anyone from this wonderful group have input? I’d be so appreciative. Connecting Email and AirTable

Hi JB
I have a similar requirement for my base which manages farm animal health and sends me emails in advance of vaccinations due etc.
I have successfully set up the Airtable trigger (new record in view) and new gmail action . However on road testing it would seem only able to trigger if that Airtable view is specifically opened in a browser. Is this correct (meaning I would need to leave a browser tab open all the time)?
Cheers
Joseph

Hi @Joseph_Burston - no you don’t need to leave your browser open. I’m assuming you’re using Zapier here, right? Zapier doesn’t rely on an active Airtable session, so you should be fine. One thing to note is that Zapier only allows a record to “appear” in a view once, so your issue might be related to this. So, in your scenario, if an animal has been alerted via Zapier previously, when it becomes due again and appears in the view again, Zapier will ignore this second appearance.

If this is the issue then you can get around this by using the Airtable automations which allows multiple entries into the same view for the same record. Airtable automations can also send an email alert.

Thanks for the reply @JonathanBowen. Yes I am using Zapier and the free version of Airtable currently (so no automations).
Ok- I’ll try a few more tests but good to know you don’t need the active Airtable session- thanks!
Joseph