5523 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_Samuel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In a two table base (one client, many jobs), how can I create an invoice, using data from one or more records in jobs, and the customer information in clients?

Since there’s no customizable form in Airtable, I assume the best way would be to utilise an API to send the data to an external accounting programme, such as www.xero.com . I imagine others have come up with some solutions and would love to hear them.

2 Replies 2

Hi James

You can certainly link Airtable with Quickbooks Online using Zapier - and this link allows you to search for or create clients and also create invoices. I haven’t actually built the Zap in it’s entirety yet but I think I will now I know it’s possible!

I assume Zapier have links to other accounting programs as well - Xero is on the list for Zapier but I can’t check it our because I don’t have an account.

Julian

Thanks Julian - I setup a trial account with Quickbooks and trialled this by sending a job to QB. It works well. It’s also possible to setup a trial account with Xero and I’ve been attempting to setup an API to do the same thing for that, but it’s a little more complex than using Zapier. :stuck_out_tongue: