Help

Fastest way to link multiple records (monthly/quarterly/yearly overview)

1350 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia_Girardi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I am trying to do a summary table of the daily logs I have in another one.
By week, I could potentially link to, and then select the 7 days I need to (see image), but it would become very burdensome for monthly, quarterly and yearly overviews.

I am already using the group by week and other views, but I would need another table to add custom notes to the week without making the daily log rows dirty.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 18.14.48

I am sure there is a quicker way, but not sure where to take it from.

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 Replies 3

Check out the Pivot Block — that gives you the ability to summarize your records, and then “bucket” or “group” your values together over one of several pre-defined date ranges: by day, week, month, quarter, year, day of week, month of year, quarter of year. It’s pretty cool! :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, if you only want to see SOME of your records make it onto your Pivot Block — instead of ALL of your records making it onto your Pivot Block — simply filter your records ahead of time in your table using the “Filter” command.

If you’re using the same filter over & over again, you can even create a new view that has that filter already pre-set.

Thanks a lot! The pivot block may be useful! But if I would like to create a new view that has that filter already pre-set what would be the formula, instead of manually adding the days?

You have tons of filtering options. Just play with them for yourself. You can choose “date is within this week”, “date is within this month”, “date is yesterday”, “date is last month”, etc. Those are just 4 of your many options. There are many different options fo choose from.