Help

How can I use Airtable on a tablet without the app?

5507 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAULINE_NGUYEN
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I have a Microsoft Surface and an Android tablet. I would like to edit and search my Airtable (just one view) without using the app. I can’t download apps on my devices. Can I use it as a website? Thanks! Pauline

5 Replies 5

You can, but depending on your device, you may have to manually request the “Desktop” version of the site, rather than the mobile version. The mobile version of the site will always try to kick you into the appropriate App Store for the device you are using.

I am only familiar with iOS devices, but I know that in the Safari browser on iOS devices, you can manually request the Desktop version of airtable.com in order to view your bases there.

However, be aware that not all of the interface is terribly touch friendly on the Desktop version of the site - they did not build it to be touch friendly, so you may still run into some frustrations if you are trying to use it without a keyboard!

PAULINE_NGUYEN
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It worked! You are brilliant. I was able to go to Chrome from my Samsung Galaxy and request the desktop site and able to use my base as normal. Thank you! Pauline

That was my question to Airtable too (still waiting on a reply :frowning: ).
Anyway, just tried that way on my IPad and I get the attached message, even if I am logged out and then log back in. Any advice?

Tap and hold the “Reload” button in the top right corner of the URL bar - after a long press, a menu will pop up and one of the options will be to “Request the Desktop Site”. That option will allow you to use Airtable in the browser.

However, keep in mind, as noted above, that the interface is not well designed for touch navigation, so I highly suggest using a keyboard as much as possible when doing this.

Well I be a monkeys uncle, IT WORKS!!! THANK YOU SIR! You just cleared up one of my pain points with trying to figure out Airtable’s features. :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :+1:t2: