How to create a date & time field using a Time (Only) field?

I have Airtable integrated with a third party app, where all data collections automatically flow into Airtable.

Two main fields that get loaded into Airtable are a user-entered Date and Time. I’d like to create a third formula column in order to add these two together to get a Date & Time Airtable field.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the formula to use here? I’ve experimented for days with no success. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Airtable community!

The exact formula will depend on the field types of the inputs. For example, the process will be different if your time is a text field versus a duration field.

If your time is a duration field, you can use DATEADD() to add the number of seconds in the duration field to the date.

If your time is a number field, you can use DATEADD().

If your time is a text field, you can use DATETIME_PARSE() in combination with DATETIME_FORMAT or DATESTR. It looks like this is the case, but it can be hard to tell because your {Time Test} is a formula field…

DATETIME_PARSE(
  DATESTR({Date Test}) & " " & {Time Test},
  "YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm"
)

All of these functions are documented in the formula field reference.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.