3382 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alberto_Alvarez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I want to insert images into automated email.
I’ve studied markdown and I can’t do it.

3 Replies 3

I don’t think it is possible to use Airtable on its own to embed images or photos or attachments into automated emails. But if it is, perhaps someone else knows how to do it. If it is, it would probably involve a custom JavaScript.

The issue with Airtable is that attachments are not actually stored in the Airtable database, but they are stored as URL strings. So some process needs to be done first to “retrieve” the attachment from the URL.

The way that I attach images to my automated emails is with Integromat.

I use Integromat’s “Get A File” action (which is part of their HTTP module) to retrieve the image from its URL, and then I attach it to an automated outgoing email.

Hope this helps!

p.s. If you think that Airtable should offer the native ability to attach attachments to automated emails or even with the SendGrid block, please post this as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category. I agree that this is a much needed feature.

It’s possible with MarkDown but I’ll be wait for Airtable update MarkDown https://www.markdowntutorial.com/es/lesson/4/

I wouldn’t hold your breath on that one.

You can add it as a feature request in the #show-and-tell:product-suggestions category, but Airtable rarely responds to its users’ product suggestions, and they rarely go back to improve existing features. People have been requesting things for years that have never been added to the product.

Your best bet is to find a solution now that works for you now, instead of waiting for Airtable getting around to your request. It’s just not gonna happen anytime soon.