Help

Learn Airtable Scripting

2020 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’ve seen a few posts in recent weeks from people asking about how to get started with Airtable scripts (e.g. here and here). I think people are, rightly, seeing the scripting block as a powerful piece of functionality and for non-coders it can be a struggle to know where to start (I know from bitter experience!).

It is all there on MDN, but even the first sentence is putting up barriers:

====

JavaScript ( JS ) is a lightweight, interpreted, or just-in-time compiled programming language with first-class functions.

====

What?!

My small contribution to this is to start an Airtable scripting blog with some practical walk-throughs of how to get to what you want to do with an Airtable script:

The aim is to provide an introduction to scripting on Airtable. It isn’t the definitive resource on JavaScript code and standards (not by a long shot) and, even within the Airtable context, there will be different and better ways of doing things, but I’m hoping the step by step approach and explanations will help some non-coders become coders.

Feedback welcome. Hope it is useful!

JB

2 Replies 2

Wow wow!

Yes, that’s a double wow. :winking_face:

This is incredible, @JonathanBowen!

This is the perfect JavaScript learning resource for people like myself! People who are primarily focused on learning JavaScript within the context of Airtable!

Thank you so much for creating this blog! :slightly_smiling_face:

Also — if we get stuck when creating our own JavaScripts, are you available for hire to create custom JavaScripts for our Airtable solutions?

Hi @ScottWorld - you’re welcome. I hope people will find this useful.

And yes, always available for hire :slightly_smiling_face:

JB