Help

Lookup/Rollup returns values from other tables?

1172 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Doll
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone! I’m trying to make a base for a big fundraiser that has multiple tables. Is it possible to have a column in one table return a designated value from another table relative to the value in an adjacent cell (very similar to vlookup in excel).

As an example, I have one table that will be for all the guest info (name, ticket type, ticket cost) and I want to be able to set the ticket type in one column, and have it atomically fill the number of tickets associated with that level along with the cost of that sponsorship in a third column. For example, at this event, a Partner Level Sponsor gets four tickets at the cost of $500.

Is there a way to do this without complicated formulas - which I’ve used for the past two years in an excel sheet, but want to transition over to AirTable for the powerful cross referencing.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hi @Andrew_Doll - if you set up the quantity and cost against the ticket type, you can then look these up in the guests table:

Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 19.34.37.png

Screenshot 2019-09-12 at 19.34.44.png

Ticket Type is a linked field to the Ticket Types table and Quantity and Cost are lookup fields.

Is this what you are after?

JB

Andrew_Doll
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thats perfect! Thanks so much @JonathanBowen!