OOPS: Joy PREMATURE... Airtable team: Thank you so much for allowing more than 500 fields in the table

I believe yesterday Airtable has done a big update to the database. The first notable thing I noticed (I am really really happy about) is Airtable now allows to go over 500 fields. That is SO AMAZING.

I wrote about this issue earlier here…

Anybody knows what is the new limit in terms of the number of fields?

And many have asked about this.

500fields

OOOOPS.
JOY WAS PREMATURE.

I can add more fields, that is true. However, there are still issues:

1. When I try to delete the added field (e.g. field number 502), the database crashes and I get an error (error is similar to the error in the past when I was trying to add fields beyond 500). See picture below.

2. Unfortunately, the moment I delete the field 502, it will also ERASE field 501. The field 501 is erased without my knowledge.

So before you start adding fields, please hold off. I guess this “Feature” if I can call it that way, is not available yet.

Makes me question if the 500 field limit is a limit based on the necessity (e.g. table speed loading experience for the end-user) or more of an arbitrary limit set by Airtable.

500error

1 Like

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.