2992 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melissa_Hetheri
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This seems like a dumb question, but I can’t seem to find a quick way so I hope some of you can help?
I have a base with many hundreds of records on it. The first column is all data that I need to get rid of. I can’t delete the column as it is the mandatory one. So I need a quick way to just clear the data in column 1.

All I seem to be able to do is select and drag down to select multiple cells in the column to then be able to delete the data and this is taking a very long time due to the number of records in the table!

Is there a more efficient way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

There are two other ways to do this, to my knowledge.

1. Click the column title once - this should select all cells in the column.

2. Select the first cell in the column, then hit ctrl / cmd + shift + down arrow - this should select all cells in the column.

Either way, once you have all cells selected, you should be able to hit backspace to clear them all.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

There are two other ways to do this, to my knowledge.

1. Click the column title once - this should select all cells in the column.

2. Select the first cell in the column, then hit ctrl / cmd + shift + down arrow - this should select all cells in the column.

Either way, once you have all cells selected, you should be able to hit backspace to clear them all.

I knew the solution must be super simple :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Not sure why I didn’t manage to make it work before!
Thanks for you help!