1483 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barkentine_Mana
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I manage multiple construction projects via airtable. Each project is in a separate table and contains multiple tasks. I need a report that will give me an overview, for all my projects - across multiple tables, of tasks that are past due and upcoming in the next week, 2 weeks, etc. How can this be done. Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Mark_Dixon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Every time I see this type of question the answer is generally that you shouldn’t have multiple tables but rather use views to limit which data you see for a given project. If the fields of the tables are the same then I cannot see any reason why using separate tables would be a better solution.

Is there a reason why you couldn’t do this?

So you are suggesting that I jumble the hundreds of tasks for each individual project into one table and then filter or use views to see the tasks associated with a particular project, or tasks with an upcoming due date?

Yes. Your use of the word ‘jumble’ suggest you think this approach is wrong, but that’s pretty much how databases work.

Have a look at this example base.

LOL, no, I don’t think it’s the wrong approach. I don’t know enough to make that call. My only concern is that the table may run out of space. Is there a line limit for a table? Each of my projects are about 100 lines and I usually have 15 - 20 running at one time. So that’s potentially 2000 tasks. Is this even a concern? Thanks!

It doesn’t make any difference if you use separate tables as regards to the number of records you can have - the number of records in a (data)base is what is counted.

As to how many records you can have, that depends on your subscription. Check out the pricing: