cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elsa_Luciani
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I desperately tried for 3 days to solve this problem, could you help me ? I have 2 forms I ask my clients to fill. each form fills a separated table in the same base. Form 1 and Form 2. to do the folllow up I would like to create a “follow up table” to see which companies filled form 1 and form 2, and to be able to send reminders to the companies that just filled form 1. I tried with automations ( find records based on the company name) but it did not work. I would like to have a " follow up table" with the name of all the companies that filled either form 1 and form 2, and being able to see in the fields Form 1 and Form 2, if they filled both. ( the ones that just filled 1 form would receive an automated email if I manage to create the automation :slightly_smiling_face: )Could you help me ? thanks a lot !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Elsa_Luciani

Thank you sooooo much !

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Hi @Elsa_Luciani and welcome to the community!

You could use automations to duplicate every record from 2 tables into a new 3th one (using “create record” and skipping the “find records” and/or using 2 automations, 1 for each form via the new “when a form is submitted” trigger) or you could combine the 2 forms into 1 table and work with 2 views (1 for every form that shows the relevant data) or you could sync to 2 tables into 1.

Hi ! thank you very much for your prompt answer ! If I understand what you suggest I would have 1 table with the following raws

Company  / Form 1 / Form 2

1- Company 1 / yes / blank
2- Company 1 / blank / yes

But how to have on the same raw ?

Company / form 1 /Form 2
1- Company 1 / yes / yes

Thank you very much !

Well, you could make 1 table with all your clients names and 1 with the 2 forms. If you make a linked field between the tables, you could prefill the clients name when you send them the forms. That way, you get 2 entrees in the table with the forms (1 for each form), but you could use a lookup/rollup in the table with your clients names, to see which form they filled in. Then you can make an automation to send them an email in case x or y (eg trigger based on a formula field that says “send reminder” at date a or b).

That would be my first thought of doing this :slightly_smiling_face:

Elsa_Luciani

Thank you sooooo much !

Glad I could help! Would yo mind marking my comment as the solution to your question? This helps others who may be searching with a similar question. Thanks!