I am the Executive Director of a non-profit. We have a team of people who have individual fundraising goals which includes a total amount given by recurring monthly donors.
On table 1 (Individuals) I include the following fields:
- The name of the person raising funds (primary field)
- Their individual yearly goal
- Total number of donors
- Total dollar amount of donations each month by all their donors
- Monthly donors (this is a linked field with the 2nd table)
On table 2 (Monthly Donors) I include the following fields
- The name of the donor (primary field)
- Monthly Donation Amount
- Start Date
- Projected Yearly Amount (A simple formula that multiplies the monthly donation amount times 12)
- Individual (this is the Individual that brought in the donation and is linked field with table 1)
SO… a commitment for a monthly donation comes through and I enter the information in table 2. I want it to automatically populate table 1 fields after I choose the individual who brought in the donation.
The two fields in the table 1 that I’m having a brain block on are…
- Total number of donors should match the number of times I selected the individual in table 2.
- Total dollar amount of each monthly donation is a total of the monthly donation fields for all donations linked to the individual
I hope this makes sense. Thank you so much for any help you can provide.