I’ve been searching for a way to create a button (either in the table or in an app block, I don’t care where) that will create five new fields and make them appear in the currently selected view or in one specifically selected in script bock. Again, don’t care which way it works, as long as I can make this possible. I have a team where we do call lists for different events and every time we make calls, we (meaning I) create four new columns
- Link to records field so people can select their name to say they are going to make the call
- A checkbox field for tracking whether they made the call
- A checkbox field for tracking if the person said they’ll attend
- A checkbox field for tracking if they fully registered on our registration site.
- A single line text field to use as a notes column.
So far I’ve seen a lot of ‘no’ answers for similar questions, but it seems like this should be possible from the scripting documentation. There is the createFieldAsync function in the API. I’m not trying to fill the field with any values, just create the field and leave it blank to be filled in manually by my team. Is there really no way to possibly do this? I feel like there must be an easier way to automate this with a script versus my current methods of either copying and pasting the columns I already have in a view and renaming them or creating each of the 5 columns from scratch every time, both of which actually take about the same amount of time to do.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give!