cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cinematic_Pictu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a Zap importing values separated by a comma - I cannot change this. So my field looks something like this: 55.00,55.00

I am attempting to create a sum from these values, but the ending value is 0.00

I do not want to create a rollup field on another sheet only to import the values back into the original sheet - that’s double redundant and another thing to keep track of.

Is there a formula that can combine those comma-separated values into a sum?

Thank you

8 Replies 8

I think you can use FIND() and INT() to extract the numbers and them sum them: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/203255215-Formula-field-reference#text

Thanks - Would you have a formula handy?

Try

IF(
    {Your Variable},
    VALUE(
        LEFT(
            {Your Variable},
            FIND(',',{Your Variable})-1
            )
        )+
    VALUE(
        RIGHT(
            {Your Variable},
            LEN({Your Variable})-FIND(',',{Your Variable})
            )
        )
    )

Hi there! I just tried your formula but it’s returning an error. My Variable is a lookup from another table? Would that impact it?

Many thanks for any help!

Yes — your {Variable}, when returned as a lookup, is coming across as an array. Append &'' — that is, ampersand (&) followed by an empty string ('') to each instance of {Variable} in your formula. I think that should remedy things.

Hairo_Rodriguez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Use:

SUM({Your Column})

Nope: Once imported as a string, her two-value variable won’t work with arithmetic functions. (Or, rather, it will work — but since such functions ignore non-numeric values, the result will always be 0.)

Hi,

Can this formula be amended for removing multiple commas, e.g:

1,1,1,3,1 to create a sum of 7

Thank you!