cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew_Carville
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all,

Sorry for the newbie question but some of the other posts around the same topic don’t seem to quite address what I’m looking for…

In short, I’m using Airtable to manage a number of property developments. My primary field/column is a list of the addresses of each property. I would like the first table to be called ‘Tasks’, with each column representing a particular task in that development (ie. lodge planning approval). The second table would be called ‘Documents’, and each column would have a type of doc for each property (ie. feature survey pdf). Maybe a third table would include details of any tenants in the properties, etc. Most importantly, I would like to add a new property in one table, and have the primary field in each table also add the new property.

What’s the best way to do this? Am I better to leave everything on one very large table and achieve it using different views? Or separate tables and sync or link the primary field?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Andrew

2 Replies 2

Yes, probably. Views serve exactly this purpose and separating one record into several across multiple bases just slows everything down and exponentially limits the number of “addresses” you can store in a base (since Airtable limits the number of records per base).

This is certainly doable but oftentimes more trouble than its worth.

Hi Kamille - thanks for the reply, I’ll stick with using different views for now. I’m still getting my head around some of the uses of linking and how it all works, so probably best to keep it simple.

Regards,
Andrew