cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aron
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi folks,

I’ve been working on getting all of the transactions from various accounts (different credit cards, debit, investments) into one base for YEARS. Up until now, it’s been a series of monthly CSV imports (using CSV import block) which was a huge pain. Frankly, most months I’d give up and not do it.

That is until I discovered TillerMoney and Parabola. Tillermoney imports all of my transactions into a spreadsheet and Parabola lets me setup a nightly runs to sync transactions between the Tillermoney sheet and my airtable base. From there, I can easily map each transaction to a category using a linked record on the vendor (working on standardizing vendor names with a script!)

Here’s a quick video on how I’ve set everything up including the Parabola run and a template base to...

A few Qs that I expect to come up:

• Why not use the sheet? I work at Airtable so it would be awkward… more seriously, mapping vendors to a category is a pain.
  • Why not use Mint or another tracking app? They never quite offered the level of granularity I wanted and I like overengineering things :slightly_smiling_face:

All of the resources are here:

Let me know if this useful to you or if you have any qs!

3 Replies 3
Jack_Smith1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Aron. This looks awesome! thanks!

FYI, the parabola recipe link that you shared here: https://community.tillerhq.com/t/tiller-budget-in-airtable/4387 isn’t working

could you please share a correct link?

thanks

Hi Jack!

Glad you enjoyed the template :slightly_smiling_face: could you tell me what you mean by isn’t working? It should give you a the different elements you need to but you still need to update it to match your process (your API key, airtable base, tiller sheet etc.)

I added the different resources in the post on top as well!

Let me know!

ignore. actually it is working. thanks!