cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Hare
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All,
VERY new here and new to the database world, enjoying AirTable and it NEARLY does everything i want… (im sure the bits it doesn’t do are more down to my incompetence than air tables inability)
I have a question though.
Employee time tracking for an engineering workshop - So i have a base, a list of machines, a list of employees and other relevant data. i have a start and an end time column but my problem is that there maybe say 20 different start and stop times for any 1 job. how do i track the operators time spent on 1 job without having 20 start and stop time fields ?
I almost want a button he clicks that says “im on” then another saying “im off” then those hours are calculated per job, and… i can also see how many hours he has been booked to jobs per week…

I have a feeling this is a very large ask! but any help or guidance would be greatly appriciated

Cheers
Steve

7 Replies 7
openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You would want another table “Work Entries” that link to the project and an employee and has a start and end field. Then for every time entry it creates a new row. You would have a formula field to calculate the time worked for each entry.

Then in the projects table you create a rollup field to get the total amount of time worked.

Thank you so much for the reply!!! i need to now read it a few times and work out exactly what you mean haha
Im sure its very simple but please bear with me!
Many Thanks

Btbml
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a base I use that isn’t totally what you want but its along the same lines that you’re talking and pretty much exactly what @openside mentioned.

this is setup for my own time tracking so I’m using categories and projects but it could very well be people and machine, or Job & machine. This has some conditional selection as well which I like, but may not be needed for you

Steve_Hare

Wow thank you Btbml, your input is most very welcomed!
As said in my earlier post, im very new to all of this, and i think its a miracle i’ve got as far as i have.
I’ve had a look at your base and i’m just trying to work out how you have done it all so i can possibly incorporate it into mine.
But i’m not going to lie, i’m a bit like a dear in the headlights at current, but it’s a good learning curve with what is turning out to be a very useful tool!

Thank you very much for your input
Regards

Do you still have a version available to view, I am stuck for 2 days now

Here’s a link, hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have any questions

That looks Amazing might give that a go