Help

Using Airtable to compile info from a website?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1209 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Rhalter
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m hoping to create a script that pulls a field from an Airtable, enters it into the search bar of a website and then copy and pastes the results into another Airtable. Is that possible? How would I go about creating something like that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would check out Airtable’s Web clipper block. Note that it only works in Chrome.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Not sure I understand. Can you please explain specifically what you’re trying to do?

I’m working on a project that involves a lot of pretty tedious data collection and I was wondering if it was possible to automate it a bit. Currently I have to search a keyword into the UCLA website, copy and paste the result, rinse and repeat. I was wondering if I could create an airtable with all the keywords and then make some sort of program that searches for me.

For a little more context: I’m in LA and I’m working with the Public Policy Institute at my school to host a panel on rent and evictions. I’d like to invite professors from UCLA’s public policy department to participate but UCLA’s faculty directory is really annoying to navigate. You have to search the professors name individually in order to get a result. I have a list of the names of the professors and I want to try and automate the process of getting their emails to A) make my life more convenient now and B) learn a skill for later.

I would check out Airtable’s Web clipper block. Note that it only works in Chrome.

Thank you this was helpful!