cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Infeld
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi There,

I’m designing a conference that has multiple sessions running at the same time, and I thought I would use Airtable to keep track of what sessions are scheduled in which rooms at what time.

I created a base (based off of the “event planning” template) that has three main tabs of data “sessions” “session blocks” and “rooms”.

I have linked fields in sessions called “session block” and “session room” so when I assign a session to a block and a room the data will cross-reference.

I’ve also set up a lookup field in session blocks so I can see which rooms I’ve scheduled sessions into in a particular session block. However, here’s where I’m stumped - I’d also like to know what rooms are unscheduled in a particular block. So If I’m looking at the schedule blocks tab, I’d like a field that shows me which rooms don’t currently have a session assigned to them. How might I do that?

If possible, I’d also like to figure out a way to show this data in grid form with the rooms along one axis and the session blocks along the other. The cells would then lookup the data to see what session is assigned to what room at what time. Is that possible?

Thanks for your help,

Daniel

2 Replies 2
Megan_Bishop
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi - Just wondering if you ever came up with a solution? I struggle with this exact same thing. We have up to 9 sessions running at the same time, and I need to make sure that I don’t double book rooms. And I also need to make sure that I don’t schedule conflicting sessions at the same time, like I don’t want all of my children’s themed programming to be at the same time, it needs to be spread out so that people who are interested in that topic can go to multiple sessions about that topic. I tried really hard to make AirTable work for that last year, and I just couldn’t. I currently have it in Excel because it’s a lot easier to visualize what all is happening at a certain time, but then I was updating the same info in both AirTable and in Excel, and it would be great to have everything in just one space on AirTable. If you figured out a solution that worked for you, would you be willing to share the design of your base with me, so I could see it. Thanks in advance!

Noamsay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator