Using new Last Modified fields with Integromat

Having a Last Modified field sounds quite unimportant - but when combined with tools like Integromat it becomes very powerful - and this on top of the new Airtable / Integromat ‘app’ which makes Integromat so much more useful to us!

I’ve written a blog post about this which will show how to use this new field type to drive processes - and it’s the first post which I’ve initially published on my new Blog / Forum site - Online Database Experts. This is a site aimed at users of Airtable and other similar platforms and all are welcome to join and collaborate about Airtable and other tools like Integromat. Here’s a link to the post:

Using Last Modified Fields with Integromat

4 Likes

Integromat just updated its Airtable “Watch Records” trigger and you can now pick up in the trigger field your “Last Modified Time” column!

Now, Integromat offers two different triggers for Airtable:

1. Watch new records when the trigger fields points to the “Created Time” column of your table.
  2. Watch updated records when the trigger fields points to the “Last Modified Time” column of your table.

Best update so far done by Integromat :+1:

Hi Jeremy

I created a “comment” field that can be updated by using Formnano. If I add a last modified column and tie it to this field can I have it trigger an outbound email every time the comment field has been made updated - using Integomat?

Sure, why not :slightly_smiling_face:

You can add a “Last Modified Time” column and set it up to watch only the changes made in your “Comments” column. Every time you update a cell in your “Comments” column, “Last Modified Time” will be updated, meaning you can trigger any action you want (like an outbound email).

Ok, super….thank you